Remember just how amazing you looked
Maternity Photography Bristol
YES, you really do look amazing!
Pregnancy is such a different experience for everyone. Some people literally seem to glow and love every minute of it. For others, getting through each day is an achievement due to various aches, pains and worries. However, one thing is for sure. Your lives will never be the same again.
Maternity photography session are amazing to photograph. To be able to take photographs of someone who may be feeling huge, uncomfortable and tired and show them that they look amazing is such a special thing. It kind of allows people to pause and take a moment to consider what’s happening.
Once your baby is born it will seem hard to believe that they were inside you. You will really miss your baby bump and looking back upon that moment of reflection during your maternity photography will help bring back all of those emotions.
What to Wear
If you’re anything like me when I was pregnant, you probably live in leggings and t-shirts. However for maternity photography they aren’t ideal. Here’s some ideas of things that work much better:
– Maxi dresses. They tend to be very flattering and dreamy but are also great for showing off your bump (they’re great for family shots too once your baby is born).
– Bodycon dresses. These are especially great if you are carrying your baby all at the front.
– Fabric. I can wrap you in various different fabrics such as lace or satin
– Avoid patterns. They can be distracting and look outdated
– Light colours and natural tones. This is down to your personal preference, but I love images that look soft and natural. Think about the colours you may use in a baby nursery. You can also use the gender of your baby to introduce some colour.
Maternity Photography Pricing
Session price: £75 (or £50 if booked with a newborn session)
– a 2 hour session in the comfort of your home or local park
– no charge for travel within 1 hour travel of either Bristol
– pre-session advice on what to expect, how to prepare and what to wear
– an online proofing gallery with all your best hand-edited images for you to purchase separately
– a post session, zoom consultation to discuss your images and how you would like to display them
** no images are included with the session fee
Digital Files, albums & frames
To display your images I have personally selected a range of beautiful albums and frames of the highest quality. They not only look amazing but are also made to last. Prices for wall art start at £250, desktop frames from £99 and albums from £700. Digital files are also available from £300 for 10 images.
For a full brochure and price list please click the button below.
Have a Question?
Deciding upon a maternity photographer is an important decision as you can’t get this precious time back. I have tried to answer a few questions on the right but if there is anything else you’d like to ask please get in touch
Everybody’s home no matter how small has places that I can photograph in. That may be your bedroom, standing by a window, or a lounge area. The camera that I use can photograph in fairly low light conditions and even if there is only a strip of light coming through a window, I can use it to create amazing intimate images.
I am happy to travel to wherever you for your newborn session. I live near Bristol and am happy to travel to you for free within approx 1 hour drive. Some examples of places I can travel to for free include:
- areas such as Bath, Swindon, Weston Super Mare, Bridgewater, Gloucester, Cheltenham and Cardiff.
For other places I would simply charge a small amount to cover my additional traveling time and expenses.
About 7 – 10 days after your session I will put all of your best images into a gallery and arrange a zoom call with you to go through them. Selecting which ones you would like and which you would like displayed can be difficult decisions. This is why I will go through them with you, rate your favourites and discuss which frames would suit your home. As I’ve normally been to your home I can normally advise of suitable locations and which I think would look good.
Yes. Maternity sessions are lovely when photographed outside (weather dependant). I’m happy to travel to a local park to you or can suggest locations near to me in Bristol.
During the summer would also give us the opportunity to photograph in ‘golden hour’ when the light is most beautiful and the sunsets stunning. Portishead is on the coast and has amazing sunsets if you would like to photograph here.
I'd love to hear from you
If you would like to find out more about my maternity photography, receive my full pricing information or book a session please contact me.
I photograph in your home or local park and don’t charge travel up to 1 hour commute from Bristol.